Time and again, an accident is not just an accident. Unfortunately, some mishaps give rise to catastrophe. Wrongful death causes emotional trauma, economic hardships and strain on the family. There are two sources through which family of the victim can make a recovery for a wrongful death case:
- The estate of the victim can bring a case that comprises of compensation for medical expenses, conscious pain and suffering, and burial expenses.
- Family members can also claim for loss of companionship, love and affection, investments of the deceased, loss of services, lost income to the family and other damages.
Malpractice, slip and fall injury, car or other automobile mishaps, nursing home mistreatment, dog bite injury, exposure to poisonous materials, defective product injuries, dangerous products, work related injury and defective drug injury are the circumstances under which wrongful death may be claimed.
INJURY ATTORNEY BROWARD helps in understanding the formalities required for claiming the reimbursements. We let dependents know the criteria needed to be satisfied for filing a wrongful death action:
- Death caused by the defendant is either completely or partially
- Defendant was neglectful and legally responsible for the death
- Decedent left dependents, whether a spouse, beneficiaries or children
- The dependents have gone through monetary loss as a result of the death
As a result of problematical nature of wrongful death cases, family of the victim will require the support of an attorney with the essential experience.