Lakes, rivers and coastlines in Broward are considered as some of the most pristine waters in the nation and recreational boat lovers and their families consider it to be paradise. Many boaters are not aware of the rules of the water and those who know don’t bother to follow them. People who ignore safe boating practices and civility convert the boating fun into a catastrophe. Boating accidents result in severe injuries and deaths affecting the whole life of the victim and even making him disabled for the whole life. Some major causes of boating accidents comprise of:
- Driver inexperience.
- Driving error.
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI).
- Poor water and/or weather conditions.
- Equipment breakdown.
- Overcrowding & Overloading.
- Collisions with other watercraft.
- Failing to keep a watch while a guest is tubing or skiing.
INJURY LAWYER BROWARD is privileged to provide legal representation for the boating accident cases. We even have successfully resolved numerous cases that involved boating injuries and deaths. We focus on retorting important questions that might help in determining the strength of the accident case::
- Was the defendant boat operator intoxicated at the time of the accident?
- Was he running his boat at an excessive speed for the situation and circumstances?
- Was he spinning too stridently in proximity to another boat?
- Was he in observance regarding the protected operation of watercraft?
If the defendant was running his own watercraft like Sea-Doo, Jet Ski or Wave Runner, then the questions on which focus is made are:
- Was the defendant weaving across or speeding the water dangerously?
- Was he crossing or following the path of another boat too closely?
INJURY LAWYER BROWARD attorneys know the ins and outs of boating negligence litigation and help the victim or his family in getting the handsome settlement amount.